VADAI OR MASALODEH
The ingredients required are:
1. 250 gram dhal beans (soaked overnight with 600ml water)
2. 2 red chilies
3. 1 onion
4. 1 pc curry leaves
5. 1 tsp fennel seeds
6. a bit of salt
7. Cooking oil for frying
Here is how to prepare it:
1. First blend the soaked dhal beans in a blender until its half smooth. Then put it in a bowl.
2. Chop the red chilies, onion and curry leaves. Mix it in a bowl with the dhal beans earlier. Add fennel seeds and a bit of salt. Mix well.
3. Next heat the oil for frying in a pan.
4. While waiting for the oil to heat up, shape the mixture prepared earlier into the size of a ping-pong ball, press to slightly flatten it and put in hot oil. Repeat this for all the dough.
5. Fry until golden, remove and drain the oil. Vadai is ready to be served.