4 cups coconut milk
1 cup rice flour
3/4 cup course sugar (it can be reduced if you don’t like it sweet)
5 cups pandan water
1 tablespoon chalk water
6 tablespoons wheat flour
Banana leaves (to wrap)
- Fold the banana leaves into a box shape. Set aside.
- For the green layer, put rice flour, sugar, pandan water and salt in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- For the white layer, mix the coconut milk with wheat flour and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the thick sugar water, boil water with sugar until the sugar melts. Then put one scoop of the sugar water into each banana leaf box.
- Cook the green layer on medium heat. Keep stirring (without stopping) until it cooks and is shiny. Once cooked, pour it into each banana leaf box (on top of the sugar layer).
- Then cook the white layer. Similar to the green layer, do not stop mixing until it has a sheen. Then pour on top of the green layer.
- Cool it in the fridge for about 20 minutes and your kuih tepung pelita is ready to be eaten!