1 Holland onion
4 cloves garlic
5 red chili
200g chicken breast – cube
200g russet potato – cut to wedge
400g ladies fingers
2pcs dried tamarind (asam keeping)
1 tsp sugar
½ tsp salt
200ml + 3 tbsp cooking oil
1. Pre heat a frying pan with oil for shallow frying the potatoes. Fry till golden brown
2. In a small pot, boil water with the dried tamarind and some AJINOMOTO to blanch ladies’ fingers till tender. Set aside *AJINOMOTO to maintain colour, tamarind to reduce sliminess
3. Prepare the chili paste by blending the chili and garlic. Set aside
4. In a medium pan, sauté the chicken and onions with 1tbsp of the cooking oil till tender with some salt. Set aside
5. In the same pan, add the remaining 2 tbsp oil and cook the chili paste till oil turn red. Add in the onion and chicken, potatoes and ladies’ fingers. Sprinkle with AJINOMOTO and sugar to balance the spiciness.
6. Ready to serve!