Also known as Pisang Air Gula, this is one of the recipes that are not only easy and quick but very tasty! 😀
You can now learn this authentic traditional recipe from the expert herself, Datin Hamidah Abdul Hamid. Thanks to Johor Corporation for making this video possible.
This recipe is taken from the Johor Palate: Tanjung Puteri Recipes book written by Datin Kalsom Taib & Datin Hamidah. The book won “Best in the World” in the Culinary Heritage Category at the World Cookbook Fair – Gourmand International – Gourmand Awards 2015
Get the copy of the book here: http://bit.ly/JohorPalate
400 g bananas (pisang nangka, pisang raja or pisang tanduk), sliced
For the syrup
250 g sugar
21/2 cups water
2 pandan leaves, knotted
5 green cardamoms
3 cm cinnamon bark
1. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the bananas until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
2. In a separate pot, mix the ingredients to make the syrup. Boil until the syrup thickens slightly, then take out the pandan leaves.
3. Whisk the egg yolks. Using a small sieve or roti jala funnel, drip the whisked egg yolks in circular motion into the pot while the syrup is still boiling. The egg yolk will appears stringy.
4. Put the fried bananas into the pot to absorb the syrup.
5. Transfer to a large serving dish and serve individually in dessert bowls.