Palm To Plate – see how the usage of palm oil products can be good for you! In this recipe, Chef Norzailina Nordin uses Polygonum Leaves (or Daun Kesum as we usually put in Laksa) to create a unique and aromatic pasta. Brought to you by Malaysian Palm Oil Council (MPOC).
1 litre water
2 tbsp curry powder
150g medium prawns, peeled
80g crab stick, cut into 2-cm
100g squids, cut & scored
80g Malaysian Palm Oil Margarine
½ Bombay onion, cut into thin wedges
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
200ml Malaysian Palm Oil Non-Dairy Cream
200ml fresh milk
200g angel hair spaghetti, boiled al dente
80g grated parmesan cheese
5 stalks polygonum leaves, finely chopped
Salt, ground black pepper to taste
1. Boil water in a pan.
2. Add curry powder paste. Let it boil.
3. Blanch squids.
4. Blanch prawns.
5. Blanch mussels and crab sticks.
6. Remove all seafood.
7. Melt Malaysian Palm Oil Margarine in a large pan.
8. Saute onion until golden.
9. Add garlic, stir until fragrant.
10. Add Malaysian Palm Oil Non-Dairy Cream and milk.
11. Stir until almost boiling. Reduce heat.
12. Add spaghetti.
13. Add cheese.
14. Add seafood.
15. Add polygonum leaves (daun kesum)
16. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
17. Turn heat off. Stir well.
18. Serve hot.