150g plain Flour
1 tablespoon sugar
50ml cooking oil
3 tablespoons brown sugar
200ml fresh cream
A pinch of Sea salt
3 large oranges
50g butter of pan spray
- Sieve flour into a mixing bowl .
- Whisk in a beaten egg and milk into the flour and stir it into a batter by gradually adding the water until the consistency of the batter coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Add in a pinch of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 50 ml of oil into the batter. Stir the batter and sieve to remove any lumps. Set aside for later to make the crepes.
- Grate the outer layer of the orange zest and then squeeze the juice of 2 oranges, reserve the orange zest for later use.
- Heat a pan and pour in 3 tablespoons of sugar with on medium heat to caramelize the sugar .
- When the sugar is slightly browning, add in the cream, orange zest and juice and bring to reduction.
- Once thickens, remove from heat and cool sauce.
For the crepes:
- Heat pan and grease with butter or pan spray, pour in 1 scoop of batter mix into the pan and spread it evenly into a thin crepes.
- Flip the crepes to cook the other side.
- Serve the crepes with vanilla ice cream and orange sauce.