For Matcha flavour lovers, these fluffy Matcha Muffins are quick and easy to make, they will become your new favourite snack idea 😀 . Made by Chef Victor in collaboration with MIB College (formerly known as Malaysian Institute of Baking), the first baking school in Malaysia!.
140 g Sugar
60 g Butter (unsalted)
120 g Egg
60 g Vegetable Oil / Olive Oil
200 g All Purpose Flour
6 g Baking Powder
20 g Matcha Powder
110 ml Milk
100 g Chocolate Chips
1. With a paddle, mix sugar and butter on high speed for 3 minutes. (If the batter is hard, add a little oil)
2. Add eggs and remaining oil and continue on high speed for 3 minutes.
3. Premix all-purpose flour, matcha powder and baking powder on slow speed for 1 minute. Followed by milk and continue for another 1 minute on slow speed.
4. Fold in chocolate chips on slow speed for 1 minute.
5. Bake in a deck oven at 200°C or convection oven at 170°C for 20 – 25 minutes.
Cream Cheese Topping
400 g Cream Cheese
80 g Butter
80 g Whipping Cream
120 g Icing Sugar
1. With a paddle, soften cream cheese and icing sugar on medium speed for 10 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix on medium speed for 5 minutes until smooth and aerated.