180g castor sugar
220g flour (sieved)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
some chocolate emulco
- Beat the butter and castor sugar until it is white and fluffy.
- Then add in baking powder and mix well.
- Add in eggs alternately with the flour. About one tablespoon of flour for every egg.
- Beat until it is well incorporated. Then add in vanilla essence.
- Pour 3/4 of the mixture into a pan (that has been lined with baking paper). Mix the other 1/4 of the mixture with some chocolate emulco. Then pour it into the pan and swirl it to create a marble effect.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 160°C or until the cake is well cooked.