125g glutinous rice flour
1 tablespoon water
For the dadih:
125ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
salt to taste
For the filling:
1/2 shredded coconut
1/2 cup palm sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon corn flour
A few pieces of banana leaves – cut into 4-5 inch squares and heated on low heat for awhile.
1. Firstly, mix the glutinous rice flour with coconut milk and water. Mix well until it becomes a soft dough. Set aside.
2. To make the sauce, mix coconut milk with oil, tapioca starch and salt. Mix well and set aside.
3. To make the filling, put water, palm sugar, coarse sugar, corn starch and shredded coconut in a pot. Mix it until it thickens and is cooked throughout.
4. Pinch off some dough (ping pong ball sized), flatten it and put some filling inside. Cover the filling with the dough and shape it into a ball. Wrap it with the banana leaves (that has been folded into a cone), pour in a tablespoon of the sauce and fold the edges neatly.
5. Steam for 15 minutes, or until well-cooked.