125g glutinous rice flour
1 tablespoon water
For the sauce:
125ml coconut milk
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon tapioca starch
salt to taste
For the filling:
1/2 shredded coconut
1/2 cup palm sugar
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon corn flour
A few pieces of banana leaves – cut into 4-5 inch squares and heated on low heat for awhile.
- Firstly, mix the glutinous rice flour with coconut milk and water. Mix well until it becomes a soft dough. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, mix coconut milk with oil, tapioca starch and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- To make the filling, put water, palm sugar, coarse sugar, corn starch and shredded coconut in a pot. Mix it until it thickens and is cooked throughout.
- Pinch off some dough (ping pong ball sized), flatten it and put some filling inside. Cover the filling with the dough and shape it into a ball. Wrap it with the banana leaves (that has been folded into a cone), pour in a tablespoon of the sauce and fold the edges neatly.
- Steam for 15 minutes, or until well-cooked.