A simple and delicious recipe for the classic Gingerbread Men! Fun and easy to make, the children will definitely love them! :). Specially prepared by Chef Victor in collaboration with MIB College.
150g Sugar syrup/Honey
50g Glucose syrup
550g All Purpose Flour
5g Ammonium Bicarbonate
5g Baking Soda
4g Ginger Powder
4g All Spice/Mixed Spice
- Melt honey, glucose, sugar and water in a bowl, cool it down and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Sift flour with ammonium, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and all spice. These are added to sugar and mixed with a hook on 1st speed for 1 minute.
- At the same time, the eggs are added.
- The dough is pinned out about 4 mm and cut out with gingerbread cutter.
- Bake at 160°C for 8 minutes.
- Cool down the gingerbread and pipe royal icing on it.
790g Icing Sugar
123g Egg White
4 Lime / Vinegar
- With a paddle, mix egg white on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add icing sugar gradually over slow speed for 5 minutes.
- Continue on medium speed for 2 minutes to smooth down the icing. The icing should have stiff peak.
- Add lime or vinegar on medium speed for 1 minute to further smooth down the icing. A speck of blue colouring may be added to whiten the icing.