Adding beetroot to a chocolate muffin recipe makes it wonderfully fudgy and moist. Try it now! 🙂
Made by Chef Victor in collaboration with MIB College (formerly known as Malaysian Institute of Baking), the first baking school in Malaysia!
190 g Butter
12 g Emulsifier
240 g Sugar
3 g Salt
170 g Egg
5 g Vanilla Flavour
215 g All Purpose Flour
6 g Baking Powder
1 g Baking Soda
1 g Xanthan Gum
24 g Cocoa Powder
215 g Beetroot Puree
4 g Red Colour
70 g Walnut
1. With a paddle, beat the butter, emulsifier, sugar and salt on medium speed for 10 minutes.
2. Add eggs gradually over 15 minutes on medium.
3. Sieve all the dry ingredients and add on slow speed for 1 minute.
4. Fold in Beetroot puree, followed by walnut on slow speed for 1 minute.
5. Bake at 190°C for 20 – 25 minutes.