Do you like Cendol? Why not try this fun and exciting Cendol Cheese Cake Recipe. Specially brought to you by One Serambi Cafe. You can also try this cake yourself at One Serambi Cafe, Bukit Jelutong, Shah Alam, Selangor.
Ingredients (8 servings)
100 g chocolate sandwich cookies, cream centres removed –
40 g butter –
10 g gelatin powder
Water, as needed –
100 g palm sugar (gula melaka) –
200 g cendol jelly –
2 pandan leaves, knotted –
250 g cream cheese, thawed for 2 hours –
50 g castor sugar
1 Tbsp lemon juice
150 ml dairy cream –
80 ml coconut milk
Cooked red beans
1. Prepare 8 small cups, each about 5-cm wide. Set aside.
2. Prepare biscuit base. Place cookies in a food processor and grind until fine. Transfer to a bowl and add melted butter. Mix well.
3. Press 60 g biscuit base mixture firmly into the base of each mould. Repeat for each mould. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Prepare filling. In a microwaveable plastic bowl, add gelatin powder to 30 ml water. Set aside for 10 minutes.
5. In a saucepan, boil palm sugar, 40 ml water and pandan leaves until sugar is melted. Set aside.
6. Using an electrical mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until light. Add lemon juice, dairy cream, coconut milk and 100 ml palm syrup and mix again.
7. Place gelatin in a microwave oven and heat on High for 6 seconds until gelatin is melted. Add gelatin gradually to cream cheese mixture while beating at medium-high speed until mixture is smooth.
8. Pour filling equally over biscuit base in moulds.
9. Refrigerate for at least 12 hours until filling is set.
10. Top cheesecake with attap seeds, red beans and cendol jelly before serving.